Mar 14 2007

Scared

Posted by J. Craig Canada in Homeless, karen, Police, Santa Cruz, Smoking & Public Use

I was threatened about 8:30pm, to the point I called the police.

Now I’m scared.

I’m hoping that since the police know who this is I don’t have anything to worry about. But I have a very strong feeling that is just whistling in the dark.

Here is what transpired, copied from the Sentinel Forums: Contact

Posted by palmspringsbum (Member # 1742) on March 13, 2007, 08:35 PM:

I was just threatened on the street for about 15 minutes. I thought about calling the police but I did that before and they didn’t come. And for all I know that put this guy up to it. He was standing in front of Santa Cruz bookstoor and started yelling at me.

He was yelling something about me being a snitch.

I figure he will probably attack me tonight.

He said something about his girlfriend, a large girl that was sitting in front of Santa Cruz Bookstore, I would assume.

From what I could make of it, she has been telling him things about me. I have no idea who she is or what this is about.

Posted by Ditto (Member # 2132) on March 13, 2007, 08:40 PM:

kinda sucks when people scream at you in public, eh? [Roll Eyes]

Posted by cagey (Member # 1919) on March 13, 2007, 08:40 PM:

Yuck. Do you know him or is he just some nut who’s yelling at whoever slows down near him?

It might be a good idea to camp somewhere else tonight if you have any reason to suspect that he knows where you sleep.

Posted by palmspringsbum (Member # 1742) on March 13, 2007, 09:07 PM:

I just called you.

He goaded me into calling the police. I went out (I’m in Pacific Avenue Pizza) for a smoke and he brandished his bicycle seat at me.

One officer came in and spoke to me, then said he had another call.

Another one came in, told me the guy’s girlfriend said I’d been ogling all the girls and the guys were tired of it.

And the officer, who’s name I did not get, said he knew him quite well.

That’s when it all clicked. I replied, “That doesn’t surprise me, how much did you pay him?”

The officer made sure I repeated myself in front of everyone at Pacific Avenue Pizza, and then said this conversation is over and left.

There was also a crowd a Chocolat.

You really expect me to sleep?

Really?

Oh, and thanks for the advice.

It’s much appreciated.

[ March 13, 2007, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: palmspringsbum ]

Posted by Planner (Member # 543) on March 13, 2007, 09:25 PM:

quote:

Originally posted by palmspringsbum:

One officer came in and spoke to me, then said he had another call.

And the officer, who’s name I did not get, said he knew him quite well.

Look, Craig, all you had to do was say “I’m gay, and I’m not interested in her”. That might not be something you’d say to cops other places, but in Santa Cruz, the attitude will be “No big deal”.

Instead, you went and insulted the cop in front of witnesses. That’s not something smart to do anywhere. [Eek!]

Posted by palmspringsbum (Member # 1742) on March 13, 2007, 09:35 PM:

Actually, I did say “I’m gay and that’s ridiculous and even if I wasn’t I would be interested in that, I value my health, among other things.”

And that is almost a quote.

The guy and his girlfriend are still there. I just went out because I really need a bowl, and he pointed at me and had a good belly laugh.

I’m beginning to think this is payback for the Ms. Inhospitality thing.

It sure smells like it.