California, Red Bluff

Medical marijuana by city.

Moderator: administration

California, Red Bluff

Postby palmspringsbum » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:00 pm

The Corning Observer wrote:Corning pot shop owner arrests Red Bluff councilman

Wednesday, Nov 4 2009, 4:59 pm
Julie R. Johnson / Corning Observer

The owner of Tehama Herbal Collective in Corning placed a Red Bluff councilman under citizen’s arrest on Tuesday following an argument during a meeting break Tuesday night.

Ken Prather, owner of the pot shop, was in attendance at the Red Bluff City Council meeting, which had two proposed ordinances concerning medicinal marijuana on the agenda.

During a break in the meeting Prather and Councilman James E. Byrne, 83, were discussing the issue in the hallway just outside the council chamber.

As the two talked Byrne reportedly poked his finger at Prather’s chest, Prather told the Red Bluff Police Department.

“Mr. Prather threatened me, the whole City Council, staff and the police chief during the meeting,” Byrne said. “The discussion got heated and he provoked me. I can’t really say anymore than that.”

Although not injured, Prather was upset and placed Byrne under citizen’s arrest for battery, said the police.

“Nobody in the meeting stood up as Mr. Prather was making all kinds of accusations and said, ‘hey, that’s not true. I stand by what occurred,” said Byrne, who is serving in his first full-term in office.

At the end of the council meeting, Byrne was issued a citation for misdemeanor battery by the Red Bluff Police Department. The report will be forwarded to the Tehama County District Attorney’s Office.

Prather was unavailable for comment.

Prather's partner in the Corning shop, Jason Labonte, owns a medical marijuana shop, Mother Earth Medicine, in Red Bluff.
Where it all comes together...
palmspringsbum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to city